Background

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Manly Birthday Cards (Kinda?)


It seems like I've been nothing but busy.  You can see how this plays out in my card making.  Sometimes I get a little lazy.  Still, sometimes lazy can really pay off and I think these two cards are a good example.  I had a couple of male coworkers that I wanted to recognize their birthday but didn't want to spend a ton of time making the cards.  So, I turned to Pinterest and these cards were inspired.
The sentiment was stamped in black Archival Ink using my Penny Black Sweet Wishes stamp set.  The inside was a simple Happy Birthday from the same stamp set in black Archival Ink.  The watercolor wash was made using my Peeled Paint and Mowed Lawn Distress Stains.  The soft applicator top allowed me to simply wash the color directly on the page.  I did let it dry very well before stamping with black Archival Ink using my Darkroom Door Trees stamp.


Pretty effective man card.  They both thought it was a lovely sentiment- short and sweet and required nothing in return.

Thanks for checking in with me today.  I'm hoping your July is ending with rest and relaxation.  My daughter is back at school and so it feels like the fall is here, though the temperature is still high!

Hey, I decided to link this card up with City Crafter Challenge Blog Week 272: Create a Masculine Birthday Card and Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge Simon Says Anything Goes.  Come join the fun or be inspired.


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous - love ! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS in a beautiful way; perfect for a masculine card. I love the green background behind that fab tree stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a clever and effective design that I think you could adapt with other colours and images. Good idea. Thanks for joining in at City Crafter. Marina DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific card and I love the greens!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?