Background

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Another Goodbye Card


Stopping by today to share another retirement card for a co-worker.  I once again returned to the Heartfelt Creations Once Upon a Time collection to make this card special.  Here's the details of the card:
  • All the patterned papers are Heartfelt Creations Once Upon a Time collection.  I fussy cut the green swirl out of a piece of the patterned paper.  
  • The flowers are Arianna Blooms which I've clear embossed onto mauve cardstock and then die cut.  I used the paper shaping technique featured in this video and then finished them with a pearl accent.  
  • The sentiments are the tags that come in the paper pack which I matched with green pattern paper leaves die cut using the Arianna Lace die.
  • A white cardstock die cut using my Raindrops on Roses die creates the medallion backdrop for the flowers.  
  • I used my distressing tool to nick the paper in strategic locations around the layers.  I really like this look as it adds a bit of interest without a lot of effort.
This card was for a different Barb who also spent several decades at my company.  I am hoping this finds her happily sipping a cocktail!

I've entered this card into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday Challenge: Anything Lady/Girly and the Shabby Tea Room's challenge: Pop of Pink.  I also linked up with Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #173: Anything Goes.  Come join the fun or just stop by to see some wonderful inspiration.


3 comments:

  1. I love you card. This is so fresh and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and love the flowers. What fabulous papers too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soft and sweet, Andie. I really love it, and I thank you so much for sharing with us. Please join us again very soon.
    God bless you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?