Background

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Sister- and Me!


I will happily announce that this card was made to celebrate my sister's birthday- sending her warm wishes for a very happy birthday.  The trick is that this is also a celebration of my birthday- we're twins and have shared celebrations on this day our whole lives.  This certainly called for something special.  Here's the details:

The circles were cut out for another project long ago.  I pulled them out of the shapes scrap heap as they fit this card perfectly!  They are edged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The clock was stamped with my Heartfelt Creations Alarm and Watch stamp using brown Archival Ink.

The border was stamped with my Heartfelt Creations Summer Season border stamp in brown Archival Ink.  I embellished this stamp with a glue pen and glitter as well as pearl accents.

The tiny flowers were mad using my IO Spiral Flowers die.  I cannot get over these flowers- they are my new favorite.  Pearl accents perfectly fill the centers and a few floral leaves from die cuts create just the right finish for this card.  Some Vintage Photo Distress Ink along the bottom to soften and forgive my poor stamping techniques and this card is done.

Happy Birthday, sister!  I wish us both a grand day of celebration with the party to follow later this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This is one beautiful card. I wish I had realised it was your birthday! I hope you had a most delightful day and I love all the details of this card. TFS and enjoy your party :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to you and what a beautiful card for your twin!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?