Background

Thursday, November 6, 2014

A Golden Birthday


I've mentioned before that I signed up to sponsor a child with Compassion International.  I've enjoyed the first 2/3 of the year and found that it was time to send my child a birthday card.  One of the reasons that I chose Yuli was because she shared a birthday with my son.  I didn't get the card mailed on time, though we did send a birthday gift to Yuli and her family.  This card was made to celebrate Yuli's golden birthday- the year when her age matched her date of birth.  So I made this gold card.  Here's the details:


  • The background is a piece of glitter patterned paper from Hobby Lobby.  It is perfect, though you can't see it's charm in these pictures.  Trust me- it is shiny enough to charm any young lady.
  • The sentiment is stamped in brown Archival ink on a shimmery piece of solid paper and die cut with my Our Daily Bread Designs Elegant Ovals die.  A frame was cut with the matching dies from a piece of gold paper and a cream cardstock.
  • The greenery is cut out of scraps of green cardstock using my Fancy Foliage die and another die I've lost track of the name.  
  • The flowers were cut using my IO Spiral Flowers dies using the coordinating papers including a vellum.  The tiny flowers set as a base is an old Quickutz die.  The centers are pearl accents.
  • Add a pearl swirl and I think this is just about perfect.
I hope Yuli had a very special birthday this year.  I hope, though this card is late, that she feels how special she is to me and her family.  I'm off to get this into the mail with a small gift.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the flower spray and papers. I am sure Yuli will treasure this creation. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?