Background

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Happy 80th Birthday Card


I used the same Pinterest pin from my post earlier in the week as inspiration for this card.  My husband, Dan's, aunt celebrated a milestone birthday earlier this week and I wanted the 80th birthday part of the sentiment to be the star of this show.  Here's the details:


  • The paper comes from Kaiser Kraft's 75 cent collection.  My goodness isn't that lovely?
  • The ribbon is from a local ribbon shop and has been in the stash for over a year.

  • The flowers are Heartfelt Creations Posy cut and shaped from dark green Coredinations card stock.
  • Everything edged in Vintage Photo  and the sentiment has Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint Distress Inks.
  • A couple of pearl accents and we're done.
  • For the inside, I used the border printed butterflies (actually the backside of the barcode for the paper) to accent the top and bottom of this patterned paper.  The paper actually looks like modeling paste, but I didn't do a thing other than edge it in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  
  • The sentiment on the inside was printed out on the computer.  I distressed the printout with some Scattered Straw and Vintage Photo Distress ink.  
  • A tiny shaped posy with a pearl accent in the center finished the inside.




I super like both cards and am feeling the card making mojo along with a pull to get back to my Hawaii scrapbook and get it finished.  Maybe after the holidays?  Hope your December started with a big bang and you enjoy the peace of the holidays all month long.


2 comments:

  1. That is an awesome birthday card Andie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful - fabulous papers and love the inside. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?