Background

Saturday, December 21, 2013

A Little Who Side Note

I thought I'd share a tid bit with you.  My entire family has become Dr. Who obsessed.  My daughter, Katie, was the last hold out- "that's geeky", "it's too scary", "why do you watch that?".  We've converted her in the past 6 months.  Utterly converted her!  I'm so pleased as a mother- this is a monumental achievement of which I am extremely proud.  Mind you, I still want her to get married so I am bracing for a brief period of returned objection and rejection.  It's possible... though I'm privately praying for a shameless "he'll take me how I am or not at all attitude".  A mother can dream.

For Katie's birthday (on Thanksgiving this year!), I purchased these shoes:

A lovely young lady from Etsy, Dani, handmade them.  While they aren't commercial perfection, the result is all that counts and now my girl proudly sports them around high school.  Yay!

If you like Who or are interested in some of Dani's other work, check out her Etsy shop at Darling My Dear.  There was a great deal of delay in getting them delivered- we didn't get them in time for the birthday celebration despite ordering them almost a month early.  However, Dani made it up to us and we were ultimately happy.  Just be sure to give her a bit of time and maybe check in with her periodically to keep your shipment at the top of her list.  In the end, we've a one of a kind gift and that's all my daughter is concerned with.

Finally, we're planning a family shut in today.  Dr. Who day.  In the hustle and bustle of the holiday season and with marching band having consumed (in one gulp) our November, the family is looking forward to not getting dressed and spending the entire day watching Eleven.  He's so adorkable and we watch via Amazon Prime so we've only recently (for Katie) lost Amelia and Rory.  Our hearts are breaking and we've no comfort for it.  We're surprising the kids today- purchasing whatever Amazon has for us that we haven't seen.   Losing Eleven might be just too much.  Enjoy the holidays- it's family time at the Millers.


2 comments:

  1. My daughter is a big fan, I will sure to share that link with her, thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Dr Who! Enjoy your family time. We just got hit by another major snow storm - so didn't go anywhere today. Did some sorting out and getting some things made for a treasure hunt for the girls on Christmas afternoon - will share the details on my blog after Christmas :-) Have a fabulous Christmas with your family. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?