Background

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pattern Play Day 2


Still catching up on posts of cards made from the Patterned Play card class.  Although the instruction has ended, you can still enjoy the online experience if you register and post questions to the forum and post pictures of your final creation til April 8th.  It is a great group of crafters coming from many different backgrounds across the world.  Plus, you have lifetime access to the content even after the forum and galleries are closed that you can use for inspiration and further honing of your skills.  Click through the link for more information.

This happy hello was created because I couldn't find a stamp that worked for the suggested technique.  So, I punted.  The technique involves stamping on a small print patterned paper, fussy cutting the image out and then layering multiple versions on top of one another for a 3D flower.  I found that I don't own a stamp that is either 1) large enough or 2) creates beautiful layers.  So, I picked up the large pattern print that I had previously cut a portion of the 12 x 12 page out and looked for several intact (no other images layered over a random petal, etc.) flowers that could be layered.  I did find that within the same 12 x 12 sheet some flowers were right facing while others were left facing.  If you are going to fussy cut and layer, you'll need them all to face the same direction.  I cut the middle and top layers from two different flowers on the sheet.  I edged each layer with my Worn Lipstick Distress Marker which totally covers up any messy fussy cuts.  The center was edged with my Rusty Hinge Distress Marker.

The background paper was the "b" side of the same sheet of 12 x 12 paper, making it so that I've consumed 1 1/2 of the 3 pieces of this paper that I own.  Yay for using up the stash!  The smaller flowers were cut from the same sheet as well and layered in the same method.  The sentiment was stamped using a old rubber stamp set on the "b" side of a coordinating paper.  I simply folded the strip and glued down onto the paper to create the 3D effect of the banner.  Lastly the stems were hand drawn (Brandy- you'll be proud of my crafty self going out on a limb like "drawing" on my card!) using one of my Distress Markers (I forget which one).

The inside was dressed with a thin strip of the coordinating paper and the last fussy cut flower from the bunch.  I super like how this turned out too.  I think maybe I just like this paper, because I've enjoyed all three cards made with the same set of papers (here and here for the others).

By the way, if you haven't commented on our recent post regarding our blog milestone, please click the link provided.  Blog candy is available to you should you win the random drawing!  You must comment by midnight March 31st, 2013 to win!.

Andie

2 comments:

  1. This maybe my favorite of yours from the class so far. And way to use that stash. I'm so proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Andie - I missed this one earlier :-) Love the layered flower and thanks for sharing all the ideas! TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?