Background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Project Project Runway

I've mentioned it before.  My family is weird.  I've been weird all my life, so it doesn't bother me too much.  My kids have never not been a part of a weird family, so they take it in stride well.  My husband is just about as loving as sweet can be and it is my considered opinion that he tolerates me well.  As such, our family has never had the cable TV piped into our house.  This seems a little odd if you know me because I have some wonderful TV shows that I enjoy- The Amazing Race, WipeOut, Star Trek, Dr. Who.  Dr. Who was discovered during a short stint of actually signing up for Netflix.  Netflix and I had a recent argument, so we are now Netflixless. 

That was a long trip to say that I have never in my life seen two Project Runway episodes aired at their normal time in succession.  Sometimes, rarely, I can catch a rerun on a vacation where cable is piped into our rooms.  I vaguely know, because of the general societal awareness, about the shows premise and the drama.  It is probably a show I would show up for if I had cable.  But I don't.  Still, I can get my dose of drama (pseudo-drama really!) and fashion online.  Last year I mentioned the Project Project Runway contest over at Just Crafty Enough.  I found out about it by trolling one of my most favorite blogs, Not Martha.  Anyone can join in the fun, though I chose to watch and admire from afar.  The contest is based on the challenges performed by the Project Runway folks.  The twist is that all designing is done for Barbie size dolls.  There are some really talented and skilled folks who participate (or did last year anyway).  It is fun to check in each week and see what they've dreamed up.  I encourage you to stop by and join us.  They are already on week 4 (did I mention I have no sense of the cable TV schedule?) and there is already a lot of fun to participate in. 

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?