Background

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Mini-Baking Cup Flowers

This project is old.  I mean like a few months old.  That speaks to how very precious is time for crafting.  Working full time and trying to keep a house and two kids on the go wears a girl down.  There's nothing like a good craft project to infuse a sense of peace and accomplishment.  When Brandy shared a new crafting technique on the Internet using mini-baking cups, I thought it might be worth a try.  So, here's the technique.

Start with a plain min-baking cup.  Don't worry about deformities as the process with eliminate any blemishes.  I used my hand to flatten the cup and sprayed each cup with Glimmer Mist.  After the paper had dried, folded the circle in half and then in half again and ultimately trimmed the edges making a  three circles of concentric size. 






Then I simply layered the circles one on top of the other and pinched the very center of the layered pieces, twisting around to create my flower center.  The picture to the right shows two completed flowers and the pieces to make a third. 





I chose to use these first rounds of flowers to make a card.  They work very well as you can easily flatten then and it actually enhances the look.  I also chose to use very little adornments for these cards and let the beautiful Glimmer Mist colors make the statement.


 The card is made from cream cardstock and the paper is from the Stash, so old I've no idea where it came from.  The brown ribbon is a reuse piece from a lovely box of chocolates that I paired here with a piece fo cream organza ribbon.  I've used this card base to make a birthday card- stamping Happy Birthday to a cream colored die cut mini-tag and inking the edges- and a thank you card.  The sentiment tage inserts nicely below the green flower and looks as though it was made for this purpose.



I does seem like you never use exactly all of the baking cups when you buy them.  What a great way to put those few left overs to use without increasing my waistline.  I've added glitter to the edges of some of the flowers and inked the finished product to create different looks to my flowers.  This is a fun technique that adds cute charm and appeal without much effort.


Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?