Background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Orange Day 2011

Where did the month of November go?  I can remember thinking, "November, my birthday month, Katie's birthday month, Grandma and Grandpa coming to town... Hooray!"  Now it is not only gone, but the month of December is well along its way (only 19 days left??).  Still, it is not too late to post a little "Orange You Glad Jesus Loves You"!  I posted about this tradition at our family church (Faith Church of the Valley right here in Chandler, AZ) last year.  The post marked my first post ever and, boy!, what a fun year it has been.  Crafting and then sharing has become a source of great release from a stressful job and the general busy life I tend to plan for myself. 

Anyway, we've been blessed by our participation teaching the 2nd graders for Faith Quest and this year was no different.  So much fun to see their little minds grow in the understanding of our Great God that we seek to serve.  My prayer is that they will look back at this time and think how they were shaped and molded by the super fun time of learning and growing in the love of Jesus.  This year, I took a similar approach as last year and here's a fun look before things got messy:




The making of the flowers for young girls is probably my single favorite step.  This fun Recollections white polka dot printed on orange paper was a great find.  The flowers were cut using the Cricut cart Mother's Day Bouquet.  I bent the flower petals in half right down the center and created the dimensional effect.  A little Gimmer Mist to make the paper shiny giving the petals that cool curl and those young ladies thought they were stylin' for Orange Day. 





I can't possibly leave out the boys.  Buttons declaring their joy at knowing Jesus and headbands that did the same helped these young men to participate as well. The buttons were printed on a sheet of orange cardstock and cut with the Cricut.  I didn't get the balence exactly right this time, so each of the medallions had a decided lopsided tilt.  I'm not sure anyone noticed.





Here's hoping I'm still blogging next year to celebrate Orange Day with you again.

Andie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?