Background

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Operation Write Home

On Saturday, I am going to participate in my first blog hop.  Yikes!  Operation Write Home is a group of volunteer crafters who make decorative cards free of charge and supply them to soldiers serving oversees in order that they can write home with the card.  They are doing a Blog Hop in order to bring awareness and support to their cause.  I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate Memorial Day. 

My nephew, Ryan, is an ensign in the US Navy and is currently attending pilot school in Florida.  My niece is dating a nice young man, Chris, who is currently serving in the US Army in Afghanistan.  Finally, I couldn't leave out a good family friend, Clint, who is currently suffering from the debilitating effects of ALS.  Clint served our country many years ago and now the Phoenix Veteran's Hospital is caring for him.  My grandfather served in World War II coming to the beaches at Normandy about a month after D-Day and my father served in Vietnam.  You can tell that my family has served and continues to serve this country in ordeo protect us and other peoples of the world.

On this Memorial Day weekend, please take some time to click through the Blog Hop.  Each blog will have a Missing You card for your inspiration.  Then don't forget to stop by Operation Write Home to see what they are up to and maybe even help them out with a few donated cards.  Till then, here's a peak at the card I made:


As for me, I'm planning to pray for Chris' safety, Ryan's development, Clint's peace and thank God for Grandpa and Dad and the sacrifices they made so that I can be mostly concerned with blog hopping this Memorial Day weekend.

Andie

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?