Background

Sunday, December 20, 2020

Last Minute Christmas Cards Featuring Unity Stamp's Let's Get Merry Stamp


I picked up the Unity Stamp designed by Ann Corbiere-Scott called Let's Get Merry.  This stamp is designed as a slimline card stamp and so I adjusted it here to make these A2 size cards because that is my preference.  I definitely will try to make a slimline someday, but I decided to make these slightly different.  I stamped onto watercolor paper and used my Mission Gold watercolors to color.  The design allows the user to define the difference between leaves and petals - just like a true poinsettia plant.  I think this is one of the things I like most about the stamp.  As such, you could make the entire image petals or, as I attempted in my cards, separate out green "leaves" from the red "petals".  This first card I covered in Finetec shimmer watercolors as well.  I think I like it better without.



So fun and easy for last minute Christmas cards.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?