Background

Monday, June 1, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 8 by Brandy

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our eighth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Eight of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Andie's Challenge for Brandy:


This challenge is meant to challenge you to be delicate, fine even, in your work.  You can create a card, a scrapbook layout, a project for the house.  The palette is provided to challenge you.  The poem is provided to inspire you.  Be kind with yourself.  Be delicate and sweet.  I promise you… every little thing is going to be alright.


I did something a little different and made a bookmark from a Spellbinders die, I have had forever.   I used a stamp from Our Daily Bread that has become a very important part of dealing with the Covid19 Pandemic as Andie has shared several links to beautiful recordings by choirs.  I also remember this being Sunday at the end of every church service when I was young and would go with my Grandma.  The berries and vines are the WPlus9 Botanical Bunch.

I had a challenge with the color pallet, but it did remind me of the Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  It took me a couple of tries and this is as close as I came.  The vines are more of a teal than the photo shows.  There is also some clear glitter throughout, but I don't think you can see it that well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?