Background

Sunday, August 11, 2019

A Classic Quilted Card Set


 To those who know me, it is no secret that I enjoy quite a few different crafty hobbies.  One hobby that I enjoy, but don't often do is quilting.  I'm not such a fan of sewing together the quilt, but find the actual quilting of the project the most enjoyable.  Before I was married, I completed the quilt that I used on my bed for two decades.  It took me over a decade to complete this quilt (and an in-process check from 2015 here).   I've previously attempted a quilt-like card front and struggled to get a cohesive look (you can see these poor attempts here and here).

Waffle Flower's new Color Combos die set and Channin Pelletier's inspiration caused a burning desire to make a card that wouldn't let me go until I got it out of me.  This first card was made using the larger triangle and an old Teresa Collins paper pad.  The paper piecing was easy to do and inspired the next two cards as well.




For this second card I used a modified Log Cabin style pattern made with the long rectangle, shorter rectangle and square dies.  This was a little more fussy, but I really like the patterns that I was able to create here.

For all three cards, I made some paper flowers with my IO spiral flowers die.  A few small Prills for the center of the flowers and the burning inspiration was out of me.


Huge thanks to Channin for the inspiration.  It warms my quilting heart to make such a pretty card set and I'm sure more are in my future.  There is so many patterned paper pads which would work to create a lovely backdrop.

Since all those lovely shapes in the background are die cut, I'm entering this card into Simon Says Stamp's Wednesday challenge Simon Says Add a Die Cut.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?