Background

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

A Birthday Card and Gift for My Mom



Stopping by with a quick photo of the card I made for my mom's birthday late last month.  The background stamp is Altenew's Linen background stamp and the flowers and the sentiment are Papertrey Ink's Especially for You stamp and die set.  I colored using my Inktense Watercolor Pencils.  I played a bit with the photo processing trying to get you a view of the sparkle on the flowers.  That messes with the color of the flowers some, but I think you get the drift of the card.



I also created this floral decoration.  The white ceramic planter has hand painted blue flowers (not my work, bought at a local gift shop.  If you can't tell, my mom's favorite color is navy blue.  Navy blue was also her mom, my grandma's, favorite color.  My grandma passed away earlier this year and so this gift and card set was a nod toward and to honor that shared love between the two of them.

I'm entering this card into the SSS Monday Challenge Make Your Own Background since i stamped the background on this card.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Your amazing flowers look so pretty against the stamped linen background 😀. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is floral at its best! I'm so impressed with the amazing coloring job you did here and how the flowers are so vibrant and realistic! Those shades of blue are stunning and I love how the flowers pair with the background. Thank you for sharing such a gorgeous card with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?