Background

Monday, May 4, 2015

Fluttering By with a Heartfelt Sympathy


I had many occasions last month to be grateful with a sad heart.  I made a series of thank you cards and this is one of them.  We have been both brokenhearted and crushed in spirit, but the love and care people have shown has strengthened and encouraged us.    Here's the details on the card:
  • The image stamped on the base card was made in Vintage Sepia Versafine ink using my Heartfelt Creations Birds and Blooms stamp.  I used a water brush and a Peeled Paint and Worn Lipstick Distress Markers to color the leaves and the flowers.  A little Vintage Photo Distress ink was applied to the branches.  Glitter was added to the image and Tu Tu Pink prills added to the flower centers.  
  • The butterflies were cut from patterned paper using my Heartfelt Creations Butterfly Medley die.  The same Tu Tu Pink prills were added to the butterfly bodies with a little glitter for effect as well.
  • The doily came in a $1 pack from Michael's value bin. It is pink felt and so works here.  
  • The sentiment was printed onto cream cardstock and then cut out into a flag which is edged with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  
I didn't want to need these cards, but I think they communicated our appreciation and loss to those who helped during our time of grief.  I made a couple more versions, but need to get the photos loaded and edited.  I try to share this later in the week.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?