Background

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Such a Sweet Little Angel


Friends of ours welcomed their first grand baby a little while ago.  Oh goodie- a chance to break out my Heartfelt Creations Sweet Lullaby stamp set!  Here's the details:



  • The sentiments were stamped in black Archival ink using my Sweet Lullaby stamp set and die cut using my Once Upon a Time die.  
  • A white cardstock lacey circle die cut is edged with Worn Lipstick Distress ink which is layered onto top of a patterned paper Labels 18 die cut edged in Scattered Straw Distress ink.
  • The flowers are stamped in black Archival ink using my Heartfelt Creations Classic Sunflower stamp and die.  They are colored with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and the centers are variegated prills.  
  • The sprigs are cut from green cardstock using my Arianna Lace die.  
  • Finally, the butterflies are cut from the same paper pad of patterned paper- MME's The Sweetest Thing Lavender using my Prickly Pear mini butterflies die accented with some pearls.  This die is just so cute- I've used it a lot lately and can't seem to get away from it...
Such a beautiful card, but that baby girl Evie is even more beautiful.  I have prayed for this young lady's safe arrival and gladly turn to praying for her and her entire family to enjoy this precious time.

I'm entering this card in the City Crafter Challenge Blog: Week #250 Use It Up.  I used leftover die cut butterflies, flowers, and even the Sweet Lullaby pieces were leftover from a previous stamping project.

I'm also entering this in Simon Says Stamp's Monday Challenge: No Rules!  I just had a ton of fun making this card with my scraps and decided to share it there too.

Come on over and join the fun!




6 comments:

  1. Totally sweet, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a baby girl and a lovely take on our theme. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely charming card you've created! I am so impressed at the level of elegance and sophistication. I'm used to baby cards being more simple, so this was such a treat to see a baby card that had such great delicate layers. Your color palette is perfect and I adore the inclusion of polka dots. It is so sweet and totally pro at the same time! You've done an amazing job and I'm so glad you shared your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Love the stamps and the fabulous flowers, and butterflies! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card!! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?