Background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

I am much delayed in posting my Mother's Day cards.  I don't know how other bloggers do it. The debate- post before you give or after?- is not a one I feel I've conquered.  Those that might receive my efforts are not extremely likely to view the blog, but they might.  So, I've always sort of resolved to wait to post until after I've given the card or gift.  This delay causes me to get distracted and suddenly weeks have passed.  Still, sharing is sharing inspiration is inspiration nonetheless, so here goes.
This card was inspired by a card pictured in the March/April issue of Paper Crafts magazine.  I love my Paper Crafts magazine and often are inspired by them.  The central point that I liked about the card was the use of burlap combined with an elegant style, so I tried to capture that here.


The flowers are from a gift pack given to me.  They've been sprayed with Glimmer Mist to give them the shiny finish and the apparent texture you see on the large pink flower.  The sentiment on the outside was stamped with a Martha Stewart stamp using yellow ink stamped under a red ink. The frame was cut using the Cricut, though for the life of me I can't remember which cart.  The stems come from a pack of 3 ft. long decorative reeds that I purchased for my office.  Some of the smaller pieces broke off during the assembly of the display and I saved them for cards.  I think this is a perfect use, don't you?

Hopefully, this card can inspire you.  Both Brandy and I rarely recreate a project exactly from a recipe.  This is one reason you don't see highly detailed recipes on our blog.  We would rather encourage your own creativity.  Find what you like about a design and try to recreate it.  Give yourself a lot of forgiveness for not getting it perfect- I have to.  Be amazed that your design might even result in something you like more than the original.  I think I can say that I accomplished this in my replication of that original design.

Andie

1 comment:

  1. So pretty Andie. Love the burlap piece with those flowers. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?