Background

Saturday, June 27, 2020

WELCOME and Time To Go



Before I explain what inspired this creation, I want to say the friend I made this for loves her family very much.  With that in mind, this friend's family likes to visit her A LOT, and sometimes it seems they may overstay their welcome.  

One day she sent me a photo of a sign she saw on line that read "Esta case, no es hotel." Loosely translated is, "my house is not a hotel".   She was considering buying the sign, and I told her I could make her something that she might like and it would fit her other decor tastes a little better.  So, to make the actual saying. I used my Cricut and the skull is one of my favorite dies from the Concord and 9th Silhouette dies and flowers from Wild Orchid crafts.

The actual base for the sign is a wood clip board from Michael's. To make the I made two panels that can be used to welcome guests and switched out to let them know when it is time to go.


I was very pleased with this project and it has given me so many ideas for others I can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?