Background

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Using Capsule Crafting by Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title:  Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.  As the quarantine process has extended and even though there are re-openings everywhere, out of an abundance of caution and love for our fellow citizens, we continue to isolate to help slow the spread of the virus.  As such, we decided to modify the challenge for the month of June.  Instead of a weekly challenge, we determined to use a capsule crafting approach.  Capsule crafting was created by Kristina Werner and you can see her take in these posts.  I explained how I chose my capsule supplies in this post.  


I decided to have one more crafty session with this month's capsule crafting using Brandy's delightful mood board.  These cards were made with the SSS Beautiful Day stamp set which I stamped and colored with my Distress Oxide inks and then fussy cut the images out.  I  ink blended a background with Distress Oxide inks to be the ombre sentiment strip stamped with my Clearly Besotted Simply Said stamp in black Versafine ink.  


For this one, I played with the placement of the strip, but I like the first one best.


Here I tried my hand at a bit of a round shape.  Not sure I like how it turned out, but it isn't awful so I kept the card.


For this last card, I stamped using Distress Oxide ink and my Simon Says Stamp You Are background stamp.  I was just playing around, but in the end I like how this one turned out too.  So much fun to be inspired by and challenged to use some of these older supplies.  I have one more post to edit and get up before I'm done with my capsule.  I've had a blast this month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?