Background

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Using Capsule Crafting Week 1 Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title:  Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.  As the quarantine process has extended and even though there are re-openings everywhere, out of an abundance of caution and love for our fellow citizens, we continue to isolate to help slow the spread of the virus.  As such, we decided to modify the challenge for the month of June.  Instead of a weekly challenge, we determined to use a capsule crafting approach.  Capsule crafting was created by Kristina Werner and you can see her take in these posts.  I explained my capsule selection in this post.  Here's a picture of the mood board that Brandy selected for me:

My second card used the same stamps and dies as my first card, but the technique is different.  


For this card, I stamped using my Honey Bee Stamps Cherish stamps to stamp clusters of flowers onto Bristol cardstock.  I then watercolored with my Distress Oxide inks so that the card.  My previous attempts at using the Oxides to watercolor weren't very successful and there are varied failures in this card panel, but overall, I'm extremely pleased with how this card turned out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?