Background

Thursday, June 11, 2020

Happy Butterfly Notecards



I was so enamored by The Ton's recent release included some delightful butterfly dies.  I decided to see if I could make some cuts with my Silhouette Cameo in order to use what I have.  This set of cards is from that endeavor.  I am pleased with the simply beautiful nature of the die cut and I think this helps me resist adding to the stash.  The solid portion of the butterflies were ink blended using various Distress Oxide inks and a blending tool.


The backgrounds are various watercolor backgrounds which were distressed through the use of various stencil techniques.  The green background used some white embossing paste and many are distressed with Distress Oxide inks and stencils.  They are a great backdrop to the beautiful butterflies.



The sentiments all came from The Ton Easy Expressions stamp and die set I picked up last month.  They are a easy process to create two color sentiments which can then be selected to align with the colorful butterflies.  So happy with this final result.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?