Background

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Using Capsule Crafting Week 1 Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title:  Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.  As the quarantine process has extended and even though there are re-openings everywhere, out of an abundance of caution and love for our fellow citizens, we continue to isolate to help slow the spread of the virus.  As such, we decided to modify the challenge for the month of June.  Instead of a weekly challenge, we determined to use a capsule crafting approach.  Capsule crafting was created by Kristina Werner and you can see her take in these posts.  I explained how I chose my capsule supplies in this post.  






For this card, I ended up using my Waffle Flower Springs dies to make an arrangement on the front of my card.  I ink blended Distress Oxide inks onto white cardstock, die cut the sprigs and placed them on an ink blended matting which I had sprinkled with Distress Oxide ink.  The sentiments came from my Clearly Besotted Sweet Little Sentiments  which I fussy cut out to create a unique sentiment strip.  The sentiments were also stamped in Distress Oxide inks.






As you can see, I played around a bit with the layout and colors arranged on the card front.  I also did a bunch of different sentiments so that I don't just add a bunch to the stash with the same sentiment.  So much fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?