Background

Monday, June 1, 2020

Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge Week 8 by Andie

During this time of quarantine, Brandy and I miss crafting together.  It isn't that we did so often - we didn't see each other every week sometimes.  It's more that we can't see each other.  So I had an idea to create a challenge each week - one just for Brandy and she could create one just for me.  Brandy has to amp the idea up and came up with our official title.  This is our eighth week of challenges.  I present to you Week Eight of the Better Together - A Mix and Match Challenge.

Brandy's Challenge for Andie:




Cool/sweet Treats with a summer pallet. 

Your color pallet and inspiration photo are provided.


I had so much fun with the challenge this week.  Again, this challenge caused me to think outside my typical box.  I remembered a free 6 x 6 patterned paper pad with coordinating ephemera in the stash.  I pulled that out with the intention to use it to make cards just using the ephemera in a collage style card.  However, the ephemera didn't have a lot of sweet treats so I went searching what to add.  I had my Silhouette machine out for another project and so I just decided to search for a cut file that fit.  I found these delightful popsicles and away we went.   


The sentiments are from two different stamps sets.  "Happy Birthday" is from the Simply Said stamp set from Clearly Besotted and the "today is all about you" is from the Reverse Confetti Word Up stamp set.  Other than that, it's a patterned paper show.  A couple of the cards I added Crystal Accents to create some shine.  Otherwise, the cards seem to make themselves.





I'm not sure we meant to have these challenges go on so long.  Arizona is opening back up, but both Brandy and I are being cautious about how much we expose one another until we see a little more concrete data.  As such, we continue to miss our time together.  We've decided to shake up the challenge a bit for the month of June.  More on that next week.

Happy June, everyone.  It's officially here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?