Background

Thursday, September 6, 2018

A New Psalms Card Set


I'm just going to start out saying that there are a few tools I've purchased for card making in the past year that I love. My Papertrey Ink Year of Psalms stamps are one of those tools.  The second is almost anything I've purchased from Concord and 9th.

The Psalms were white heat embossed onto Bristol cardstock which had been ink blended with Distress Oxide inks.  Where the stamped image had a shape, like this heart, I used a waterbrush to "paint" inside and convert that image to the milky, oxide look that happens with the Distress Oxide.  Additionally, as with this first card, the white embossing is slightly tinted with the color so that the final result is almost a pale pink.





The die cut flowers behind the white die cut were all colored with Distress Oxide inks.  Putting these cards together was the height of fun!



This colorful card might just be my favorite.  The background colors and the accent colors all work together very well and the card is beautiful!

However, about the time I pick a favorite I come to the next card and love the yellow and coral and teal in this card.  Oh well, it just means that my vision for this card set worked out to be what I'd hoped. Who can complain?

I'm linking this card set up with the following challenges:

SSS Monday challenge - Stamp On It!
Papertrey Ink's Transformation Tuesday Challenge #18 - I made these cards previously using my Year of Psalms stamps.  I decided to transform the use of these stamps by die cutting the florals to surround the sentiments and white heat embossing the sentiment rather than stamping on white cardstock.  I really don't know which set I enjoy most.


1 comment:

  1. Such lovely cards, the frames are darling. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?