Background

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Faux Stained Glass Technique






I decided to play around with a technique shared by Jennifer McGuire called the Faux Stained Glass technique.  I have recently acquired the Poppy Stamps Sweet Pea Stem die and it seemed a good fit for this technique.  I used Brisol paper and my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers to color the images.  This technique only takes time because of the multiple layers of die cuts and embossing.  Otherwise, it is a fantastic result for only a little effort.




I used Crystal Accents for the "glass" look to the cards.  I really enjoy the results - a crystal clear look that genuinely looks like stained glass.  I used two different shaded of marker, but I don't think these photos do justice to the in-person detail on these cards.

I enjoyed this so much, I think I'm going to pick another die and make another set of cards.  It's always fun to find a new technique and practice a little.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?