Background

Monday, September 17, 2018

More Expressions of Gratitude



As it turns out, we needed another 27 cards to express our gratitude at the outpouring of love, expressions of sympathy and commitments for prayers at the loss of my beloved grandma.  That woman (my grandma) knew how to be a pen pal, sent cards like it was her job and the people who responded (in 2018!) with the same sentiment and care was overwhelming.  I knew my grandpa wouldn't be able to emotionally and/or physically respond to each of the 45+ cards, flowers, gifts and letters.  So, I made these cards to finish the job.  I wrote a short note on each and every card, personally tailored to their well wishes and my grandpa would add his own note and/or signature on each.  It sounds like a lot of work and I guess it was.  However, it was mostly a huge blessing and I am grateful for being able to do so.


These cards were easy to duplicate with my MISTI.  The layering on the roses make for a beautiful finish that I will have to say I'm proud to have given these away.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?