Background

Friday, November 15, 2013

Fluttering By with a Birthday Wish


I had the occasion to make a card for a co-worker's birthday this week.  Kathy enjoys butterflies and bling and you can see the influence on card design because of it.

I reached into the stash and found a piece of City Park by American Crafts.  This paper was a part of the gift box I won from Paper Crafts Connection way back in April of 2011.  I've used various pieces over the years, but this stripe was left behind.  I gathered the scraps from various pieces together with some matching cardstock and the card was born.  The butterfly was stamped with black Archival ink.  I used a glue pen to apply the different colors of glitter and fussy cut the image out. 

The flowers were cut with my Heartfelt Creations Posy dies, shaped with my stylus and a tiny pearl accent added to the center.  The bling was from the stash and the sentiment was created by stamping with a Market Street Stamp sentiment and cutting out the flag. 


The inside was dressed up with a matching piece of patterned paper from the City Park collection.  This pattern was actually the inspiration for the card.  The sentiment plaque was made using my Stampin' Up Essentials Paper Piercing tools.

Happy Birthday, Kathy!


I've linked this up to Word Art Wednesday's Challenge #106: Anything Goes and The Paper Girls Challenge Blog's Challenge #43: Cut It Out.  Come join the fun!

4 comments:

  1. How pretty, Andie! I love the butterfly and all the bright beautiful colors. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love your bright and happy card. Your design is so wonderful and the colors are just so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andie, this is a gorgeous card! Fabulous papers and colours and I love the butterfly. Also, love the fresh look of the blog :-) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! I really like the layered and glittered butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?