Background

Monday, November 18, 2013

A Happy Birthday Wish


You'll have seen my acetate butterflies from the stamp convention.  I decided that one of these lovelies had to make their way (actually 2 because I layered them) onto a card.  What better than this card meant for my twin sister, Angela. 

The doily is a Market Street Stamp (sadly, they've moved on to better things and are no longer in business) which I stamped in brown archival ink and distressed with Vintage Photo and Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  I then fussy cut the doily out for use on the card. 

Each patterned paper was also distressed with the same inks- it blended the color differences (a trick from my Pattern Play online card class).  I simply cut the five different papers the exact same way and made the patchwork from the pieces.  I looked at all the remaining pieces and thought- such a waste.  Then I remembered the hundreds of patterned papers I've owned for a very long time (each of these pieces is probably at least 2 years old if not much longer) and decided that getting them used and to such good effect was well worth it.  Having said all that, the scraps when into the scrap container.  I might use them sometime. 

You'll see the ODBD Fancy Foliage die cut, the Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents Framelit sentiment tag and the teeny, tiny pearl accents. 

Happy Birthday, Sis!  It should be a great day for us!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love all the papers and how you have cut and positioned them! That butterfly looks amazing. So if this card is for your twin sister that means your birthday is approaching! So either a belated Happy Birthday to you or Happy Birthday soon. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?