Background

Monday, November 11, 2013

Glittery Pumpkins


I thought I'd quickly jump on and post these pictures of some glittery pumpkins I made shortly before Halloween and never got around to taking photos.  It occurred to me that they will work just fine on my Thanksgiving table too so I finally took a few moments to snap these poorly lit photos.



The technique was simple- I taped off the vine "handles" with some painters tape and sprayed adhesive all over the gourds (these aren't officially pumpkins).  I held mine in the air letting the adhesive dry a bit and then dumped orange glitter over the tops and sides.  You can see that through use some of the glitter has knocked off the sides, but they are still sparkly!





Today is also the day that we stop and honor veterans who served our country and ultimately served each of us so that we might enjoy the freedoms offered in our society.  I am grateful for a father and grandfather and many other family members who have served and are serving.  I say thank you for doing what I either couldn't or wouldn't.

80th Division WWII Veterans - 2012 Annual Meeting, Baltimore, MD
That's my grandpa, Bob Burrows, in the back row on the right.  It's been a long time since he served.  My thanks have not diminished, only grown.  Thanks, boys!

My grandpa wrote a memoir of his time in World War II.  You can read it at the The Troubleshooters.  


2 comments:

  1. Your pumpkins look amazing. Thanks for sharing the photo of the veterans - It is always good to remember the past and present. I wore my poppy and veterans badge with pride this last week and remember all the fallen, injured and those who have served and are still serving. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like these glittery pumpkin, so lovely!
    Thanks for the photo too, happy belated veteran day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?