Background

Sunday, November 15, 2020

Field Notes Card Set - Using Taylored Expressions Field Notes Kit

Field Notes.... a kit that Brandy and I resisted purchasing.  We told ourselves lots of reasons to justify the distinct strategy to not purchase.  They included the misguided notions like "we don't need the non-floral stamps" and "I can't see using the other tools in the kit".  Sigh - we were WRONG!  When Tayolored Expressions re-released the Field Notes Kit all pretense at resistance was lost and we quickly placed a combined order.  This card set is my first attempt at using the stamps and dies in the kit.

I stamped the images on kraft cardstock for the background and colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  I tried a very loose look - challenging for me.  I'm so pleased as they are very close to my vision.  

For the sentiment, I white heat embossed onto vellum and then adhered to the page through some hand stitching using white thread - a thin crochet thread.  I wondered whether I would want to stitch all of them and it was tedious, but I persevered.  

Each of the floral elements were stamped onto Bristol cardstock, colored with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and die cut.  I'm very pleased at the soft look that I was able to create with most cards.  Some of the photos don't accurately capture the images, but most are exactly how I envisioned the result.









Well worth the wait and I am definitely making more cards with this kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?