Background

Thursday, February 21, 2019

A Winter Anemone Framed Birthday Card



Arizona typically doesn't have much winter.  This year has been colder and more rainy than most.  We were complaining last week when the temperature was around 45 degrees - chilly!

I did want to give a try at using my Honey Bee Stamps Winter Anemone stamp set.  I stamped with black ink onto watercolor paper and colored with my Mission Gold watercolor paints.  These images are simple to color and the stamp set does most of the work.  I was re-inking my black ink and splattered the card front with black specs.  I added to the front in order to hide my mistake.  I think I over did it on one of the cards, but otherwise am pleased with how these turned out.


In the end, the gold sequins were able to detract a little from the overly enthusiastic black splatters.  I love how these turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?