Background

Saturday, February 23, 2019

A Lord's Prayer Card Set




I have had the great pleasure of leading a Bible study focused on the Lord's Prayer with a few ladies I know well.  I wanted to give them a gift at the end of our study, so I picked up Divinity Designs Lord's Prayer Script stamp.  These cards are the set I made using the flowers from my WPlus9 Hello and Thanks stamp and die set.  I stamped the floral sprays onto some Bristol cardstock along with the Lord's Prayer stamp using my black Archival Ink.  I used my MISTI, but messed up a couple of the frames when I stamped so I ended up stamping some extra and adhering them to a few cards as well.




The flowers and leaves were colored using my Polychromos colored pencils.  These pencils make coloring an easy process and the results are delightful.

All frames were die cut using largest Divinity Designs Lavish Layers dies and matted on a solid cardstock background.  A simple card design as, in the end, I made 20 versions of these cards.  Easy to replicate quickly to create five sets of 4 cards to be given away.





Peach is a tough color to replicate using the 60 piece Polychromos set that I have.  I was able to make is happen with a couple different pencils and layering the color.  This set surprised me.  I tried it just to exercise my skills and I think it is one of my favorite from the set.


I think the ladies will love these cards and I hope they put them to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?