Background

Friday, April 12, 2019

Stitched Mother's Day Cards





I decided to get out my Concord & 9th Stitched Turnabout stamp set.  The turnabout stamp sets take a little to set up so I decided to campaign some color combinations on afternoon.  These stamps are so fun to play with color and technique.  I ended up making many different backgrounds that I then left sitting in a pile on my desktop.  Mainly because the amount of time to do these backgrounds takes a bit of time and it gobbled all of my crafty time for the weekend. 



Since Mother's Day is coming soon, I decided to make a few of the same design.  For my use and then to sell at the Rowan Tree store in Tempe.  The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted Scrumptious Occasions stamp set.  I fussy cut the sentiment out to adhere to the heart which I also fussy cut since I didn't buy the matching dies for the turnabout.



I have a hard time deciding which is my favorite color combination.  They all have their own charm.  I wasn't so pleased with how the ink on this mint green paper turned out in matching the card, but I love the sequins matching to the background, so all have pluses and minuses.

A great stamp set that made card making easy. I'm entering these cards into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge No Designer Paper


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I enjoyed reading the Andie/Brandy story and am glad you support one another in this paper addiction. I scrap a year's worth of photos each summer (I teach elementary school) and make cards most of the rest of the year as those projects provide quick "fixes". Glad to have found your blog and to see your pretty turnabout cards. I'd been curious about those sets and your cards are certainly gorgeous and varied!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and lovely cards.
    Thanks for visiting my blog;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of them are beautiful. I love this soft, feminine colors. Perfect for Mother’s Day! Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?