Background

Thursday, January 3, 2019

A Special Tribute to My Grandma - A Gift for My Grandpa


As I posted earlier this week, I have made it a tradition to create a scrapbook calendar for my grandma as a Christmas present each year.   I always make one for my immediate family and one for my grandma.  Since my grandma passed away this year, I debated whether to make one for my grandpa - who would appreciate it, but not nearly as much as my grandma.  When I found a pile of old photos of my grandma, I decided I would make an extra special calendar of the photos of my grandma.


A 1970s Christmas photo - my grandma and grandpa taken by one of the kids - poorly done, but remember how you got the picture you got and didn't know until you developed the photos much later?  This photo makes me laugh, so I included it right at the start.


A very old photo of my grandparents - early 1960s...


My grandma as an infant...1929 or early 1930


It is hilarious how many photos were taken at the Continental Divide.  This one of my grandma is classic.


My grandma and grandpa with their kids.


My grandma, grandpa and my grandpa's mother (my great-grandmother) with their four girls.


My grandma and Aunt Betty circa 1944 which would make my grandma around 16 or 17 years old...  She was a pretty girl!


I couldn't resist including this photo of my grandpa immediately after the war - 1944 or 1945.


My aunts and uncles - all six kids.  Top left to right - Beth, Sue (my mom) and Nancy, then Bobby, Kenny and Becky in front.


A very snowy photo at the Continental Divide - my grandparents again!


My Uncle Keith (my grandpa's brother, Beth, Nancy, my grandma, Sue (my mom) and my great-grandpa Frank (my grandpa's dad).


One last Christmas Photo.  You probably can't see my grandpa's face in the darkness of the photo, but we laughed heartily - it looks as though it was a long Christmas....  I loved making the album and my grandpa enjoyed and will enjoy the calendar for long time to come.  It was a pleasure to make and I hope to have opportunity to do so in the years to come as well.  Time seems to pass quicker as I get older, yet time seems more precious than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?