Background

Sunday, February 23, 2020

A Notecard Set of Fairy Good Friends


It's been a little while since I've played around with my Brusho watercolor crystals.  They are so fun that I really shouldn't have waited so long.  Guess that comes with having a variety of options - we get in a rut and use the same things over and over again.  Today, I'm sharing some fairies that I stamped with my MFT Fairy Good Friends stamp set onto Bristol cardstock.  I colored the images with a set of Crayola colored pencils.  I was traveling for work and didn't want to risk my Polychromos pencils on the traveling.  The Crayola pencils surprised me.  The technique needed is different and the result is different, but I am really pleased how these little girls turned out.




As I was looking for a backdrop for my fussy cut fairies, I thought of my Brushos and sat down (at home by this point) to play around in the primary colors I used to color the girls.   Some of them turned out better than others.  For the few that didn't meet my vision, I decided to get out my collection of Glimmer Mist.  The original shiny spray media, Glimmer Mist has sat unused in my stash for too long.  The photos don't do justice to the pretty shiny backdrop for my fairies!

However, I think the Brushos that turned out as I visioned were ultimately my favorite.  These two among my favorite.







Oh my I am ever so delighted with these cards.  Mainly, they represent creative renewal during a period of heavy work commitments.  Crafting has always been an outlet for stress for me.  That remains true and I am very pleased with how this turned out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?