Background

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Merry *Little Dwarf Hamster* Christmas


My daughter was able to be home the entire Thanksgiving weekend.  This was such a blessing for our family as it was also her 21st birthday on Thanksgiving.  I cannot believe it has been so long, but I'm so very grateful for the young lady she has become.  When I saw the Waffle Flower Winter Hamsters stamp and die set, I asked her if she would want to make some Christmas cards.  She enthusiastically said yes. 

Jknaps in his home, looking at Katie with love


Katie's very first pet was a dwarf hamster named Jknaps.  At first, I wasn't quiet sure - he was skittish and nocturnal and you couldn't hold him.  Now, he's her wee beastie and I adore him - frequently asking Katie to say hi! (she's away at college and he visits us for long weekends like last weekend). 


We fashioned this set of cards after the example on the Waffle Flower website, using the ATC card die set to cut the tag and stamping and coloring the hamsters onto Bristol cardstock with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers.  This is Katie's first try at coloring with the Zigs and I think she got it right - with a little coaching from mom.  A white gel pen was an easy border for the cards - Katie needed them to be simple so she could squeeze in the making around all the birthday celebrations this weekend.






All in all a lovely set of cards - something she can be proud of.  I couldn't have enjoyed her visit more and am delighted to have shared my hobby with her.

Andie for Katie

1 comment:

  1. I think Katie has the crafty skills! Great job, so cute. Happy Birthday Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?