Background

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

More Distress Oxide on Kraft Birthday Cards




I so liked the card I made for my son that I decided to recreate the design, altering a little and making it slightly more girly.  I used Papertrey Ink's Balloons and Banners stamp set and Distress Oxide inks to create this colorful card on kraft cardstock.  In this case, I left the balloon strings off and I like the absence of the start black strings.  Also, I used color the stamp the Happy in the sentiment.  I made two versions slightly girly, one with pink sentiment and one with the gold sentiment.  I think I like the pink version best.


I also decided to play with the banners that come with the stamp set and made this card as well.  I wish I had masked the banner stamping (I used a small sentiment stamp to do it), but all in all I like this version as well.  I think, looking at the photo now, that I will go back and add the black strings to this card.  Since it is more masculine, I think the design can handle it and it would improve the card design.

It is birthday season, so I'm sure I'll find a use for this card as well. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?