Background

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Hello and Thinking of You - More Notecards from the Stash


I had previously white heat embossed using my Simon Says Stamp Floral Bliss stamp set onto watercolor paper.  Using my Mission Gold watercolors, I colored in the flowers and fussy cut the image out.  These colored images were left in the stash for quite some time - I didn't exactly know what to do with them.  When going through the stash recently, I pulled them out to see what I could make with them.  This card is the example.  I used a stencil and Distress Oxide inks in Spiced Marmalade and Worn Lipstick to create the background.  Then, I created my own coordinating cardstock with the same inks, ultimately white heat embossing the sentiment to keep with the theme.

The image is too wide for a standard A2 sized card so I trimmed the leaves on the edges and tucked them behind the image.  It worked well and I really like the card design.  I've set up an assembly line and will spend a couple of nights making coordinating elements for other versions of this same card as I have quite a few of these in the stash.  Fun and I get something used in the stash.  Win, Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?