Background

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Our Beautiful World- #51 By the Seashore

Wishing I was there right now!

This week at Our Beautiful World, the word prompt is By the Seashore.  I'm totally tracking with them as my daughter returned from a trip with her Girl Scout troop on Saturday.  They stayed for a week on Tybee Island twenty steps away from the beach.  I'm sharing a few photos taken on her trip. 

Katie Lynn





Always the birds...













Girl Scouts Having Fun

Girl Scouts are always inquisitive!


My beautiful girl!  She is growing up and I have to let go.  The process feels like the scene at the end of the movie Titantic.  Modern day Rose takes out the Heart of the Ocean, which she had all along, and drops it into the sea over the wreck site. The actress gave a heartfelt gasp as she let that treasure go.  That depicts what it feels like to watch my girl grow up.  She is a treasure, but one best let go with a heartfelt gasp. 

Having her gone for 7 days without phone calls and very limited text contact is a small learning opportunity for her mom.  Her dad enjoyed the quiet!

http://www.our--beautiful--world--365.blogspot.com/


Come join the fun everyone is having over at Our Beautiful World.  The community there is small, but warm each person ready to contribute a kind and encouraging word.  Last week's post about our darling Jilly was a huge healing and something I won't soon forget. Stop by to contribute by sharing a picture from your part of the world or just view the beauty shared by others.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos and fabulous post. My daughter Shannon, is turning 16 this year and it has always been difficult for me to let go, and let them do more and more with out me tagging along. Next Spring, Shannon is off to Spain with school and I am dreading it - she of course is so excited :-) Have a great weekend. Hugs, Karon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely seashore photos Andie, I bet your daughter had a wonderful time. Thanks for sharing them with us at Our Beautiful World, Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and sensitive post!! Amazing views and for sure it was a fantastic trip on Tybee Island (thanks to your daughter and hope she enjoyed it) . Many thanks for sharing them with us and have a great weekend! Alexa T

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a splendid trip Girl Scouts are the best!!!! Beautiful pics I bet they had a blast, Thanks for joining us at Our Beautiful World this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?