Background

Friday, June 27, 2014

A Heartfelt Get Well


I decided to give my precut flowers from working with Heartfelt Creations a good run of cards.  Here's the first I've made.  This card was a get well card for my sister-in-law.  It went with the set of bicycle note cards I made to cheer her up after surgery.  Here's the details:

  • The patterned paper was the inspiration.  The Majestic Blooms flowers were inked with some Ripe Persimmons and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink.  Neither were just the right color, but together I think they hit the right note.
  • There is a few die cuts- ODBD Fancy Foliage, a flowery stem I've long since lost the name for and the lace work behind the white frame is from my Heartfelt Creations Raindrops on Roses die.  They are all cut out of coordinating solid patterned paper from the collection.
  • The frame was cut with my Labels 18 die and then stamped with my Stampin' Up Apothecary Art stamp using Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.  I colored the image with my Ripe Persimmons and Peeled Paint Distress Ink using a water pen.
I didn't purchase the Majestic Blooms stamps and dies, however, like all good tools once I worked with some of these pre-made flowers They have come to grow on me in a significant way.  They look very different depending upon how you shape them.  I like this version a lot.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and fabulous flowers. I love how they are edged. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?