Background

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Roaring in for a Second Birthday


I found myself with short time to create a birthday card for a handsome young man who was turning 2.  I pulled out my Studio Katia Birthday Lions stamp set and whipped this card up in no time.  A couple of things I'd have done differently:
  • I added the hat as a second thought.  It would have been better to stamp and mask rather than placing it precariously on his head. 
  • I used Distress Oxide ink for the blue background and Polychromos for the coloring. As such, my hat color turned to a green when mixed with that blue.  Green and Red striped hat... too Christmas for a lion birthday card. 
  • I purposely added the balloon string to the side because that would be more realistic (because the string would have been officially tied there).  However, I think it makes more sense on the card to come out of the bottom of the balloon.

Still, I really like the card as finished so I'm sure to make another one sometime.  Have a roaring good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?