Background

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Feeling Profound Loss and Friends Expressing Deep Sympathy


It seems a little weird to write this post.  I am nearly a half a century old (I'll be 49 in November).  I have had great grace to be able to have my grandparents in my life.  At 89 and 91 they moved to Arizona early last year and I took advantage of that change to spend time almost every week since then. 

My grandma Mabel passed away on August 7th.  She was 91 and was suffering from cancer.  Her health was tolerable except for the last 5 weeks which were a steady decline and increase in pain and challenges to breath.  We are very blessed that her time of suffering was relatively short, but it also means that she's now gone home to be eternally with her Savior, Jesus. 

I wanted to share this card that Brandy made for my family.  It expresses how very much love and support was poured out on our family from our friends.  My front room is filled with new plants (showing hope!), baskets which were delivered with food and snacks (which were much needed with the commitments to family and other schedule requirements through the week of planing and executing the funeral), and lovely cards to express sympathy and support (that I still thumb through for encouragement). 

Brandy knew that grandma's favorite color was navy.  This card is a perfect reflection of her love and care.  She knew that we would need support and brought the card with a lovely mason jar filled with flowers to brighten our somber home.  Brandy also came to sit beside me at the funeral, an act of love I will never, ever forget.  We don't ever want to experience loss of this kind, but the good part is how it shows you the blessings which are one heartbeat away. 

Thank you, Brandy, for your care and love.  There are no words that can adequately express my gratitude.

Andie for 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?