Background

Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Encouragement for a Soul


One of my co-workers was suddenly stricken with some health concerns which has caused him to be out of work for the last several weeks.  When I realized he would be out for an extended period of time, I decided we needed to send some bright greetings to him to let him know how very much we miss his contribution as well as to encourage his healing.  This is the first of several card sets that I made and will be sharing on the blog.  I've delayed these posts for a bit to allow him time to read through all the well wishes before anyone else might get to see them too!

This set of cards was made with my Rubbernecker Poppy Duo stamps.  The stamp comes with the black outline stamp and the solid stamp to color the flower.  I decided to use a tried and true technique with my Prima Oil Pastels.



The frames around the flowers are hand-drawn.  This is a very "out there" technique for me, but I think it works here.  I decided to use an assortment of my encouragement sentiments, so each card says something different.  More cards to follow.

I'm linking this card up over at the City Crafter Challenge Week 407 CASe Ros for Happy Birthday Celebration  I CASed Ros' card and used the outline as my Inspiration. 


4 comments:

  1. How very thoughtful of you, hope your co-worker feels well soon. Your cards are lovely. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous collection of cards! Love those pretty pink flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at City Crafter, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a magic touch with these pretty note cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?