Background

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Fun Handmade Trinkets - Spirit Charms


Brandy and I went to the Ribbon Store a few weeks ago and picket up some ribbons and beads and medallions to make these trinkets.  They have a key chain or clasp attached to one end and can be use as keychains, backpack pulls, etc. 

 

Brandy is going to use them as thank you gifts.  They reminded us of something a cheer/spirit squad would make. Of course, Brandy went crazy with the embellishments.  I super love the tulle additions !




My creations went to my daughter who is away at NAU.  She was a "bomb bird" on one of her softball teams as a kid and so we associate this Angry Bird with her.  The NAU is simply appropriate as her college school.  Pink being her favorite color, I simply had to get it in there somewhere.  I meant to have one of the gold beads on the NAU ring, but completely spaced it as I strung them.  The ribbon holding it all together is grosgrain and I stuffed it through the beads with a little ingenuity and some muscle.

Both Brandy and I had so much fun!  Easy to make and such a great finish, I'm sure everyone will feel special.

 and 

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?