Background

Friday, November 25, 2016

Fall Thank Yous


Whew!  It has been a busy month - I ended up feeling poorly the first few weeks of the month and then seemed to get better in time to be out of town for business for a week right before the holiday week.  If I've been a bad blog friend, forgive me.  It's been a whirlwind.  I'm stopping in to share a thank you card design that I worked out in the middle of all that busy-ness.  I am still so enamored by the Hero Arts September Monthly Kit including the grateful stamp set.  I decided to break out the MISTI to try my hand at repetitive stamping.  I used the leaf stamps from the set and the inks provided to create these card fronts.  Paired with a simple kraft card and some delightful ombre ribbon, the cards are quite perfect for this season of giving thanks.  Plus, it is birthday season in our house, so these cards are going to be put to very good use.

I've made quite a few more card fronts.  I'm going to go "shopping" in the stash to find various coordinating ribbons.  This is what I tell myself when I'm trying not to rush to the store to pick out a new supply.  I just "shop" the stash and make it work.  Once I've finished up the set, I'll post pictures so you can see how they all turned out.

I hope your Thanksgiving was joyfilled and your recovery from the festivities is quick.  We're off tomorrow for the Arizona high school football championships.  My daughter, Katie, is marching with the Wolfpack Marching Band to open the game tomorrow night at Cardinals stadium (yep, the home of the NFL team!).  We're so excited and hope that she can claim to have cheered the football team on to victory.  We will do the same.  Have a great weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Love your wreath! And please don't apologise for not being around. Sometimes life gets in the way. It happens to all of us.
    Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and stamping! TFS Sorry to hear that you weren't well, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?