Background

Friday, November 4, 2016

Christmas Cards with WPlus9


I had mentioned that I had a surprise gift for my mom's birthday and this is the start of that.  I purchased the WPlus9 Drummer Boy stamps and matching dies last year.  I did a few cards that really captured my interest last year and I've been contemplating designs every since.  My mom spoke about how cute they were so I decided to play around with the set as a gift.  The die cut images are colored with my Inktense watercolor pencils and then blended using water and a brush.  I die cut the images after coloring.  The background wash was created onto watercolor paper using my Mission Gold watercolors.  The sentiment and star are gold embossed onto the paper and then die cut using my WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die.  To finish the front off, I layered the image onto some ruby red cardstock as a nice frame.  The baby Jesus is raised a bit with some foam squares to keep him the focal image.


On the inside, a simple sentiment in cranberry red ink.  I thought I could improve a bit on the design so I've made some changes and ultimately a set of cards as the gift.  There are a few photos to edit, so I'll be back when I get them uploaded to share the final product.


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?