Background

Thursday, November 10, 2016

A Variation


I was so in love with all my WPlus9 Drummer Boy die cuts, I decided to see how it might look on a slightly different background.  In this case, the die cut images were colored the same - using my Inktense watercolor pencils and then blending with water and a brush.  I kept the background wash very light and faint blue using my Mission Gold watercolors, gold embossing the sentiment and star before die cutting the background using my WPlus9 Sunshine Layers die.  I kept the rest of the design the same layering the scene onto some ruby red cardstock.  The baby Jesus is raised a bit with some foam squares to keep him the focal image.



All of these were also a birthday gift for my mom.  I'm thinking she's feeling pressured now to send out a bunch of Christmas cards!  Oh well, she knows the creative freak that I am and that I won't mind if some are saved for next year.  Christmas is coming.  Are you ready?


2 comments:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?