Background

Friday, July 22, 2011

Card Camp Week 4

We were on staycation in Scottsdale this week.  We made a week of swimming and eating.  One of the more concrete traditions that our family has developed on our own is "vacation food".  Since we have a time share which we typically trade for a suite with a full kitchen coupled with the fact that as a working mom I am not the regular cook for dinner and our family and particularly my preference is to eat at home each night while we're on vacation.  We usually indulge in easy, but delicious comfort food like chicken stroganoff, steak and baked potatoes, and homemade pizza.  Dessert is often a chocolate milkshake made in the blender.  I've worked each day- coming home a little early to swim and also make dinners.  So, needless to say, I've not had much time for card making though I have enjoyed the inspiration and fun of watching all the other ladies make their contributions.  Here are the two cards I've made so far.  As a relaxing end to our week (we're home tonight), I may try to make a few more before Sunday night.  Don't, however, hold your breath!

The colors for this week are:

Trust the Goodness of Life





This card was inspired by a sketch provided by Kristina Werner.  I altered the sketch a bit, but  found the patterned paper from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads to be very pleasing in this design.  The stamp is from Close to My Heart and the flower is an embellishment from Basic Grey's Sweet Threads line as well.  A little Vintage Photo Distress Ink and we're all done.  Yeah, me on vacation!










A little of the Vintage Photo Distress Ink on the edges of the flower petals helped to distinguish between the very light blue of the flower and the white of the card.  Pop dots were used to lift the flower off the card for added dimension.






In Everything Give Thanks




This card sketch by Kristina Werner was the inspiration for my second card.  We'll use this card for a thank you to our wonderful neighbor, Cheryl, who once again watched our two beasts while we were away.  They don't hurt for a thing, but the fact that they really enjoy Cheryl as much if not more than the family says a lot about her dedication and attention while we're gone.  Thank you, again, Cheryl.













Cardstock Card: White, untextured cardstock and various solid and patterned paper scraps from The Stash.  I know for a fact that two of the green and blue patterned papers come from a sample set I acquired while working at a LSS approximately 5 years ago.  I know- hilarious ain't it.
Ink: Distress Ink- Vintage Photo
Stamp Set: Close to My Heart
 
 
 
 
I've enjoyed summer card class.  It has made me dedicated to taking time to craft, relax and enjoy the summer.  The kids are back at school Monday (we're a year round school system- 8 weeks off for summer) and our routine will settle into the busy but satisfying normal that is school, softball and church group activities.  Thanks for checking in on my progress and the encouraging words this summer.  Plus, haven't you just loved the posts Brandy has contributed lately.  She's got more, we just need to get them up.  Look forward to more in the future weeks.
 
Andie

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful flower in your first card! Love the papers that you used too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?