Background

Friday, March 27, 2020

Still Counting the Happies


I recently had an opportunity (haven't we all?!?!) to spend a little time indoors and coloring.  There was rain here in Arizona, which is rare.  I had previously stamped and white heat embossed these images using my Scraps of Love Smile stamp set onto Toner Grey paper.  This paper has a little texture so my Polychromos worked very well to create these cards.  I am so very pleased with this very alternative color scheme for the first card.  I didn't know what to expect, but thought I would try.


For the remainder of the cards, I decided to go with various brighter colored cards.  I am very pleased with this blue monochromatic set.  I love how the green leaves offset the colored flowers.


Orange is my least favorite color, but I decided to give it a try.  I like the variation of color and how the white gel pen accents impacts the image.  I didn't expect to enjoy this card, but find it is growing on me.


Not sure I enjoy this red which is probably too bright for me, but I think I salvaged this one into a passable card.


I tried to use the opposite to the previous card and I'm not sure I enjoy the yellow flower, but the rest of this card works for me.  Again, resulted in a passable card, so I'm pleased.

I have previously read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I started to write down my gratitude and somehow stopped around 300+.  It's a steady difficult job.  However, I haven't stopped praying my thanks and I like to think I'm closer after a few years, I just stop writing it down.

I'm counting my happies through this difficult time.  I'm grateful for aging parents and a grandpa who have so far stayed healthy.  I'm grateful for continued work (from home) when I could be facing a business shut down at some point in the future.  I'm grateful for my kids and husband (not necessarily in that order, just depends the day!).  I'm grateful for a bestie who can still tolerate crafty chats - more on the phone than previously in person.  I'm grateful for the comfort and hope that I have in my Savior, Jesus.

Sending you all the happies too and hoping you can find a way to count your own happies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. Isn't it fun to encourage one another, even from a distance?